Saturday, May 8, 2010

That's my Grandfather


One of the fun aspects of selling vintage advertising online is discovering folks relatives. At least once a month I get an email that Uncle Freddy or Great Grandpa Nelson is in that ad I am selling. Or like the ad to the right John Cott, Cott Beverages. Here is a little secret...I know that.

No I don't know that your grandfather and grandmother started a tire company in Camden NJ. What I do know is that when an ad has an individual in it by name, then there is a good chance there is a relative somewhere googling that same name.

And how much fun is it when my ad pops up and there is sweet Sue your cousin's older sisters first teacher? Who married....well you get my drift.

Google your name, your grandparents name, etc. Then click on the shopping tab. See what you get!

Or search my shops:
The Old Ad Store


No comments: